Facebook has been pestering me with advertisements for this device.
Egg Minder Wink App-Enabled Smart Egg Tray
This amazing piece of technology allows you to:
- View amount of eggs in tray through app on mobile device
- Receive notifications when eggs go bad and are close to going bad
- Program alerts when running low on eggs
- Blinking LED lets you know which egg is oldest when you’re ready to cook
- Holds up to 14 eggs
- Price: $74 .95
It truly is amazing because someone plainly thought this was a good idea. What The hell were they thinking?
I have a papier maché egg carton. I cut the lid off it.
- I can view the amount of eggs in the tray by looking in the refrigerator.
- My eggs don’t go bad, because I keep them in the refrigerator, and eat them.
- By looking very carefully every time I use an egg I can see when I am running low
- Since I bought the eggs all together, they are all the same age.
- The carton holds 18 eggs. No “up to” about it. If I want, I can replace it any time I like with another one that holds 6, 12, or 30 eggs.
- It comes free with the eggs.
This has to be the most useless domestic appliance ever invented. If you know of another please share.
The only good thing about it is the hilariously witty product reviews on Amazon