The ride to Fremantle was great, despite running into heavy rain. I was dressed for the occasion so I was comfortable and warm.  The only part of me that got wet was a short section of my calves, above the boots, where the wind blew water up inside the legs of my overtrau.  I shall have to get bicycle clips.

The course was very good.  A refresher on investigation and enforcement and a helpful overview of the WA Food Act, which is not as useful as the NZ Act of the same name.  My accommodation was pleasant and the food at the Esplanade Hotel was quite acceptable.  I had one really good evening meal at the Joy Kitchen on the Esplanade. Recommended dining.

On Friday I skipped over to Sue and Steve’s where I stayed the night.  Gerry was there and we had a pleasant evening chatting.  Saturday morning I headed home, and I was not feeling all that well when I left.  On Friday I had thought I might be going down with something, and by Saturday I knew I was.  Despite being very warmly dressed, and despite the weather being beautiful, I was cold.  I stopped only twice on the way home, once at a pet shop to pick up some aquarium plants, and once at Williams for recaffeination.  That is the beauty of the 1300.  Comfortable enough to keep riding, and economical enough that I did not need to refuel between Forrestfield and Katanning.  280 km.  I cruised the last 40km of the trip with the fuel light on.  On arrival at Katanning I topped up with 15litres which means that in theory there was still 4 litres in the tank.  Home by 12.30.

By the time I arrived I was feeling a bit run down, and achy.  I put  the aquarium plants into the tank, fed the creatures and hit the sack.  I Awoke in the evening, remembered I had left the bike out, and put it into the shed.  Just then Carl and Cindy arrived.  We were going to go to the Woodanilling Ball, but decided to go to dinner instead. We  walked so we could have a drink, to Sammy’s restaurant in the old church on Richardson St.  The first time I have been there other than to make an inspection.

Sunday I spent in bed, and same again Monday, due to feeling crappy.  Tuesday, today, I am much better except for the knee.

It was NOT the bike ride.  Some bug was going round the office last week.


About Uisce úr

Though I am old with wandering Through hollow lands and hilly lands, I will find out where she has gone, And kiss her lips and take her hands; And walk among long dappled grass, And pluck till time and times are done, The silver apples of the moon, The golden apples of the sun.
This entry was posted in Life, don't talk to me about life!. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Bug

  1. Observations of a Perpetual Motorcyclist says:

    Glad you’re on the improve.


    • Alan says:

      Cheers! I seem to find everything amusing or entertaining these days. Even the fact that i could not bend my knee far enough to put my socks on yesterday caused me some mirth, and a gave me a reason for being 15 minutes late for work. I got them on in the end. Today was not so bad.


Please comment!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s